Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dark Chocolate Lemon Cookies


I recently discovered that I love the incredible combination of dark chocolate and lemon. They balance each other very well - the bitter, intense chocolate with the bright tartness of the lemon. I've been anxious about a way to put them together, and yesterday I found one I like. I used the deep, dark chocolate cookie recipe here, pressed them a bit before baking, and cooled them. Then I topped them with a smear of the following: 8 oz. cream cheese, 1/4 c. granulated sugar, and the zest of 1 lemon. In case you're interested, the recipe is also gluten-free, since the cookies are made mostly of chocolate, cocoa, and egg whites. And they taste fantastic, though I might increase the lemon zest next time around.

I was originally going to sandwich them together, but it was too thick for that. I may try making dark chocolate wafer cookies in the future and using the cream cheese mixture as a sandwich cream, but I don't know. Those cookies are awfully good.

I used Guittard 62% cacao chocolate for the recipe.

Yes, life is very busy with 3 children, so my posts aren't as frequent as I'd like. But I won't be giving up this blog, either, so keep checking back for more food!

No comments: